Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I am Yours

So, I came home from work the other day and my niece, Aurora, who is two years old, climbed in my lap and looked up at me with her big blue eyes and said, "Many I your squishy". This, if you know her, is what she says almost every day when I walk in the door from work. It's a nickname I gave her when she was a newborn because her cheeks were so big! I looked back down at her and said, "yes, you are my squishy, and I love you!" She then pulled out the book, 'You are Special'.

I read it to her. Most of you are familiar with the story. A wooden doll doesn't realize his potential or value or worth because nobody around him does. He goes to see the wood worker, his maker, and realizes that he is special because he was made by this wood worker.

The application to the gospel is obvious, but sometimes the most obvious things in life sometimes get overlooked the most. Plenty of people prove this every day.

I had tears in my eyes as I read the line, "you are special, because you are mine". How many times does our Father in Heaven tell us this throughout the scriptures? Throughout our days? Through those around us?

I began to think of the worth I am told I possess. I pondered on how incomprehensible the love my God has for me. He is my FATHER. I am HIS. How amazing is that?

I watch the way my parents love me, and care for me, and are concerned for me. It never ceases to amaze me that after all the wretched things I have done to them, they still love me as if I were perfect. They guide me at 25 almost more than they did at 2. They are there when I'm happy, sad, frustrated, and any emotion in between. They are righteous, kind, and loving parents. I watch them do this and then realize that there is a Father I have who loves me even more fully, even more intensely. I cannot fully grasp it. Yet, even the thought of it literally brings tears to my eyes.

I am special because I am HIS.

There will most likely be more on this thought to come. Just had to get this much out on 'paper'.

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet, very spiritual, very relevant. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Michael and Squishy

Michael and Squishy
The Runners

Jason

Jason
One of the Tikes that got me thinking