All little girls dream of a day when they are swept off their feet in their own unique way and ride off into the sunset to live happily ever after with their "prince". Some little girls get their dream exactly the way they planned it. Others get surprise after surprise through life until their dream molds into something completely different than what they first saw. I am one of those little girls, my dreams have molded to fit what my life has become.
My dreams have changed many times throughout the years. Finally they came to a stand still. I realized that I would never be able to pin point what my dream was going to be, what was going to really make me the happiest that I could possibly be.
This is where it gets cheesy, but it's needed. You have helped me see that dream. You've helped me recognize what my dream was all along, to be loved. To be loved by someone who is more wonderful than they themselves could ever know, or imagine. I have always dreamed of walking next to a man who knows exactly how to let me be me and how to help me become better than before at the same time. I want to have the chance to help someone reach the potential they have. Someone who I can confide in without apprehension. A person that is willing to give of himself to anyone and everyone who needs him. He has the desire to serve continually and to love unconditionally. A partner in everything I do.
I know you have things about you that you tell me I've never seen. There are sides of you I should be terrified of. The thing is that those sides are in every person. Those things, although they may be unique to you in your situation, would come with anyone. If it wasn't your issues it would be something else with someone else. It'd be a hidden pornography problem, an open infidelity issue, an alcohol problem, not respecting leaders, not having a desire to do what's good and right. The thing is that for every person who seems to be that prince charming there will always be a darker, more realistic side to him, always.
I've chosen to see where you and me go together. I've chosen to see that darker side of you when it comes out and to stand by and see if the brighter side of me can help you pull out of the darker side of you. I'm hoping that you can do the same for me.
I'm not a perfect, nor will I be here and now. I have many faults of my own. Mine might not be as visible as others. They might take more than a couple of weeks to unravel and to show. These issues of mine can be just as detrimental to my health, my relationships, my progression, etc. as yours are to you. Just because they aren't visible doesn't mean they aren't there.
I knew what the snake was when I picked it up my love, I'm just hoping that it isn't as venomous as it thinks it is.
Hopefully this makes a little bit of sense, I never know if it will as I write with more emotion than logic.
In my head and in my heart all I know is that I love you. I love you and that is about the only thing that has made sense in my life for the past two years. It makes more sense the longer I feel it.
These are the ramblings of my own heart. No rhyme or reason to them, just thoughts that may come, and hopefully won't go too soon.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
Michael and Squishy
The Runners
Jason
One of the Tikes that got me thinking
I love that you are happy! :)
ReplyDelete