Can I just say how incredibly thankful I am to have so many wonderfully inspired people around me?
Not gonna lie, this week has been a doozy. I'm not going to go into detail about why it was that way, don't feel like explaining it. I will tell you about how our God is an awesome God and how He puts people in our paths continually!
I got a blessing because of this doozy of a week and had two wonderful friends there to support me in a time of need. Since one of these friends is an amazing and worthy priesthood holder, he was able to give said blessing to me. The words which came out of his mouth are words only my Heavenly Father could speak to me. Those are the words that started my head thinking clearly again and helping me see the people Father has put in my path.
I know that there are many ways our Father can speak to us. He seems to either knock me upside my head with a giant club of some sort or He just lets me do my own thing and nods his head quietly in the corner as I move around the room eventually finding the spot where He wanted me to be in the first place. He's been nodding a lot lately, unfortunately I've been wandering a lot more than normal. This is where the inspired people come into play. Everywhere I turn there is a person in my day that normally wouldn't be there. Oddly enough these people have spoken to my heart more than they will ever know.
Example 1: My aunt calls me up out of the blue late last night. She had read my previous post and told me her opinion on it. I value her opinion very much. She is one of those people I utterly admire. She helped me think clearly about myself and about my thoughts. She boosted my confidence and roweled up my spirits. Her words were exactly what I needed to hear but had no clue that I needed them until I heard them. I don't normally have late night phone conversations with my aunt, this one was inspired.
Example 2: I had a niece born today. Her name is Kaylee and she is a beautiful, healthy baby at her 8 lbs 9 oz weight. Because of this miracle taking place I came home to my other niece and nephew being taken care of by their grandma. She's my brother's mother-in-law...kind of an odd person to have a personal conversation with. She's been through a lot in life. She hasn't done everything perfectly, but she has done her best. She was able to relate to a lot of things going through my mind right now and help me gain clarity. Yet again, odd person to have a deep, personal conversation with, but it was inspired.
Example 3: One of my cousins, who is the same age as I, talked to her mom, said aunt, and decided to call. She also spoke words of comfort to me. She was able to logically think through much of what is going on and yet still emotionally feel for me. This was an early morning phone conversation. I don't normally pick up my phone in the morning. Yet again, this was inspired.
These are just the examples that I have off the top of my head. Throughout my life there have been many individuals placed in my path who have been able to help me along my wandering ways. I still haven't quite reached that spot that my Father has waiting for me, but I believe I am closer because of these people. I'm at least facing the right direction now.
I love inspired people, thank you for listening to Father.
These are the ramblings of my own heart. No rhyme or reason to them, just thoughts that may come, and hopefully won't go too soon.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
Michael and Squishy
The Runners
Jason
One of the Tikes that got me thinking
No comments:
Post a Comment