Saturday, October 22, 2011

10 Day Cleanse

Well, I am home once again. Lived in Texas for about 6 weeks, couldn't find a job that I wanted, had a great time, met a great friend whom I am sure I'll keep for a long time, and felt like it was the best thing to do to come home to Virginia.

It's been interesting since I got here. I don't feel that it is good or bad really, I'm just here. As I pondered on that feeling I realized that wasn't necessarily where I wanted to be with my emotions. I thought about ways that would enhance my days in order to make them better, to make me better, etc. A lot of thoughts but no decisions were coming. Then, one night, while I was looking for something to watch on Hulu, I came across a documentary. It was entitled "Sick, Fat, and Half Way Dead". It was a man who discovered he had an autoimmune disease. He went on a 62 day juice cleansing diet. Most people aren't as extreme as a case as he is so they normally do it in 10 days.

The more I watched and thought about the effects it had on him physically, I was also impressed with the emotional effects. At the end I sat and thought about other aspects of life. I realized that a 10 day cleanse wouldn't be bad in a lot of ways, so I'm going to try it! My own 10 day cleanse.

I'm going to hit different categories with this...

1. Health: Sleep schedule, nutrition, exersize
Sleep Schedule- in bed by 11 and up by 8 every day
Nutrition- 10 days of nothing but natural liquids and after whole foods and natural foods only
Exercise- run every day, lift weights 3-5 times a week

2. Time Management: Facebook, Limited technology, Crafts, Reading, Cooking/Baking
Facebook-sworn off of it for 2 weeks after which I will only sign on once a week for 3 months (the app is off of my phone and my account is disabled already)
Limited Technology- television for no more than 1 hour a day, Computer use strictly for looking for a job, finding ways to cook/clean/crat
Crafts- List of what I want to do and DO IT! Plan them out
Reading- One book a month!
Cooking/baking- enhance the talents I already possess and share with others!

3. Spirituality: (The most important of them all) Scriptures, prayers, pondering, meditation, fulfilling callings
Scriptures- Read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year, Old Testament with the family and in institute, Study conference talks from he Ensign
Prayers- heartfelt, honest communication with God instead of repetitions
Pondering/Meditation- Think of the things I am doing with life, plan, recognize my choices are mine and realize the effect they have on those around me

All in All- BE the person I want to BE instead of the person I am now.

I'll keep you updated :) After all this is going to be the only "social" website I'm on for awhile!

1 comment:

  1. yay mandy! this sounds great, I hope you're still going to talk on the phone! :)I'm excited to hear how this goes

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Michael and Squishy

Michael and Squishy
The Runners

Jason

Jason
One of the Tikes that got me thinking