These are the ramblings of my own heart. No rhyme or reason to them, just thoughts that may come, and hopefully won't go too soon.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Running, it's all about getting caught.
I have been pondering lately on different aspects of life. I guess the more appropriate way of putting it would be different phases in life. I had the opportunity to go down to Utah to visit some of my family and was "reunited" with a good friend of mine. I also ran into an ex-boyfriend's little sister. Yup, it was all in one weekend. This all got me thinking. Here I am roughly a quarter of the way done with my life. What have a learned? What experiences have I taken? Which ones did I pass up? I sit there watching my one year old niece running around the apartment. She has her arms hanging limp at her sides, shaking her shoulders back and forth make them flop all around her, as her little feet move as fast as they can. Her dad is chasing her, her legs never quite move as fast as they can to get away from him, but she keeps trying. Then I watch my nephew, he is three. He has fine tuned his motor skills a bit more and has a good chance of getting to a place he knows he'll be safe, but he still can't out run his father. The interesting thing is that he has learned that he can hide, something his sister is yet to find out. Every time one of them was caught the other would start to run, their dad would release the caught one and go after the running one. It's kind of an interesting analogy of life. No matter how old we are, how much skill we have, we are all a child to someone. We are all still developing and trying our hardest to run faster than the person behind us. Yet, what are we all running for? In the end aren't we are all caught? I guess the only answer I was able to come up with is the fact that it doesn't matter what the end is, it is how hard we try. Great application to the atonement right there. I will add to that, how much we learned matters too. We kind of get all the chances that are possible too. As soon as we are caught, we are let loose to learn more, and to put into application what we learned that time. It's the only way to progress. That's really all we are here for anyways, progression. Just a thought that went through my head this weekend, that's all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Followers
About Me
Michael and Squishy
The Runners
Jason
One of the Tikes that got me thinking
Hmmm... Something to think about. Now, where are those pictures?!
ReplyDelete